Ratios & Timings
- Rough ratio, uncooked to cooked is 1:3.
- 1/4 cup of raw rice = 3/4 cup of cooked rice
- Time to cook: start to finish, plan on 20 minutes for white rice and 45 minutes for brown rice.
- If the rice has not cooked but the pot is out of water, add some water, cover and turn the heat down.
- If you end up with a crust of slightly brown rice, on the bottom of your rice cooker, try adding an extra 1/4 cup of water for next time.
- Any rice can be cooked in the same way as pasta, throw it into boiling water and taste test for doneness