Why not flavour your rice according to the dishes country of origin?
- For an Indian inspiration try adding cardamom or a dash of curry powder.
- For South-East Asian rice dish, add lemongrass, turmeric, ginger or garlic.
- For Japanese dishes, add some ginger, sesame seeds, dried seaweed (nori) or furikake mix. Also, try cooking the rice with a sheet of dried Kombu (kelp) added to the water.
- For Chinese, add Chinese five-spice powder or chili powder.
- For southwestern and Mexican foods, cumin seeds, chili's, paprika and cayenne, are the perfect accompaniment
- For French and Italian dishes, try using garlic, dried or fresh herbs such as rosemary, thyme, or oregano.
- For Spanish dishes, try using tomato sauce, saffron, garlic, pepper or cumin.